Thursday, February 26, 2009

One more thing: a letter to the letter Q

Dear Letter Q,

I take issue with you. You sit 6/8 of the way through the alphabet, mocking me. I read things that are alphabetized and am constantly foiled by the fact that you come before, R, S and T. Those letters are actually, oh, I don't know? USED. Your existence is merely to make the other letters look good. Plain and simple. I hereby, respectfully, ask you to move yourself to the end of the alphabet with your brethren: reject letters: V, W, X, and Z (Y is cooler than you guys, though. Tough neighborhood).

Sincerely,
Lizzie Poo

Upon reading this, the following conversation was had between Dylan and myself:

Dylan: No way. Q is a surprise "fuck you!" to the overused building blocks of the latin-based vernaculars in propinquity. I really just needed a word with a q...)
It's fightin the man.

Liz: "Q" did give us so many influential words such as "Quaker Oats" and "Quail Man." I wonder how the world would be different without them. I give you that, my friend. I do feel, however, that it should be banished to the end of the alphabet. (I also think you're biased because your name includes two of "q's" allies, "Y" and "W." Think about it).

Dylan: That also explains your bias, what with two "A"s that are enemies to my "Y" and "W". Your "Z" is paralleled by my "D," therefore their polarities are negated. "S," "T," "I," "M," "E" are neutral because they are all often used and dotted generally throughout the alphabet.
I wish my name were Dylan Qwest. Then I could just piss you off by existing. Much like I'm doing right now :).

Liz: Clearly you have an insatiable appetite for letter play as evidenced by the serious amount of thought going into your last comment. It took me a moment to analyze your statements and find that there is one major fallacy and mistake you made in hiding a key character trait which, until today, I had not detected in you. (Detailed below). I do admire your moxie, however.
"S" "T" "I" "M" "E" spells out, "stime" (Google it). Which just so happens to have been named the "universal clock". Now, think about this for a moment... your use of those letters, in that order, although sneakily placed, just points to me that you are a communist.

No comments:

Post a Comment